[Magdalen] Scripture Study.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:30:31 UTC 2015

Those facts have been popping up for years, probably decades.  It's a
reasonable refutation of the folks who get their subliminal sexual
gratification by abusing people too weak to fight back and pretending it's
Biblical.

I think it is more to the point to say that those commandments reflect the
need of the target audience to remain separate from the folks around them
in order to survive. That was the main reason the rabbis came up with it,
mostly during the Babylonian extended vacation. And it worked!

But the atheists don't generally read the Bible; they mostly seem to quote
stuff others have already said. Makes discussion interesting.

Atheist: Your bible says <list of quotes out of context>.

Me: Well, since you mention Deuteronomy, I would like to point out --

Atheist: Can't hear you! La la la! LA LA LA!!

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford