[Magdalen] Prayers abounding, and requests for more

Georgia DuBose gdubose at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:01:14 UTC 2015

Rejoicing in the connections made in Australia, and the prayers that
arose for Suzie's parishioner as well. Thank you, Roger and Lesley,
for your efforts.

I have two more prayer requests. I have not said much about my
daughter-in-law, Jean DuBose, because she and my stepson, Joe, have
specifically requested that there not be much on electronic media
about her situation. At this point, however, I think prayers would
really help, and I would ask, for their sake, that this request not be
placed on any other media.

Jean had a double mastectomy on Thursday. It was a 7 hour operation.
She underwent nearly 5 months of chemo before the operation; sites
included lymph nodes under the collar bone which were so close to an
artery that they could not be surgically addressed.

Supposedly Jean went home late yesterday afternoon. We have not heard
anything since then except that yesterday she was in a lot of pain
yesterday, despite nerve blocks done to limit the pain. Joe is going
to have a lot of nursing work ahead of him and our grandchildren,
Colin and Cecilia, are going to have to watch their beloved mother go
through a long, painful recovery. In December, if all goes well,
reconstructive surgery will follow, and that isn't going to be a
picnic, either. Jean is 43, and strong, and there is good reason to
believe she will recover; right now is a very tough time, and there
are more ahead. Please pray for the Baltimore DuBoses, and esp. Jean.

Please pray for the town of Harpers Ferry, which had a disastrous fire
in the historic district early Thursday morning. One of my dearest
friends there, Laura Clark of Harpers Ferry Outfitters, discovered
it--she had insomnia, and was up reading. Fortunately, her business
was not touched, but my friend Cindi's shop Vintage Lady, was
destroyed, as was the building I worked in for 15 years selling
pottery. (The shop had moved down the street, and was not damaged.) My
friend Charlma Quarles was burned out--lost everything, including her
two beloved cats. (Secret Six, where we have had a couple of
listmeets, was not damaged.)

Thank you for all your prayers.

Georgia+