[Magdalen] Update

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 03:45:58 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/25/2015 8:38:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
romanos at mindspring.com writes:

AFter  all that European experience?>>>>

I've eaten, as goes the expression, as "high off the hog" as eating
gets in Europe. This includes a half dozen or more Michelin 3  star
restaurants (the stars chefs die for), and loads of 2 and 1 star
eateries.

I'm most familiar with the two mainstream German cuisines:  the  wine
based which has heavy French influence, and the beer based, which
is more blue collar and dominated by schnitzels, sausages, and  potatoes.
I can say that for a steady diet, I'll take the beer cuisine.

Of course you can drink beer with the "wine based" haut cuisine and
wine with the blue-collar "bear based" cuisine.  I actually drink  the
local mineral waters with all German and French food.

But I suppose it is the dominant plain meat and potatoes (a type
of blue-collar cuisine) in the Upper Midwest, that I want for a steady
diet.

OTOH, I've tried everything.  I won't do brains anymore, but thymus,
kidneys
and chicken livers are currently my most exotic foods.

David S.