[Magdalen] Scripture Study.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:09:53 UTC 2015

In any case, if you can show them chapter and verse that the Bible doesn't
really say <xyz>, they will simply refuse to believe you, no matter what
you've got. It is very similar to when the so-called orthodox went up
against the alleged heretic: "If they show you arguments from the Bible
itself, you must not listen to them; they are heretics." (Tertullian)

A lot of folks seem to have had some very, very bad church experiences, and
simply decided they want out, no matter what.  It's often issues with mommy
and daddy, for sure.  They keep spitting in their parents' faces even when
the parents have died.  The anger stoked and forged in those early years
burns long and hot.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford