[Magdalen] Sharing the JOY!

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jul 27 14:28:05 UTC 2015

>I think we would cover that with Confirmation,

Most parishes are simply happy to have new members. As for Baptism and
Confirmation, the rule is "Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell."  They're welcome at Communion
without any pesky questions. At some point, clergy during a pastoral visit might
bring the conversation around to such niceties, but when newcomers show up,
who'd be boorish enough to pester them?

>IMO people coming from other denominations should always
>be encouraged to attend confirmation classes. Otherwise
>they make Trouble.

I suspect if you put newcomers or relative newcomers in a room, say with
teenagers for Confirmation class, the newcomers will run away as fast as they
can.

I think the conversation interesting -- all of us know what ought to be done,
but concede acceptance of things left undone.

Cheers,
Jim