[Magdalen] Sharing the JOY!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 14:43:40 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/27/2015 10:29:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

As for  Baptism and
Confirmation, the rule is "Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell."   They're welcome at
Communion >>>>>

This is really the byline in most denominations now from what I have
observed.  This is true for the RCC and the sister Byzantine  Rite
Catholics.  If you present yourself for communion it would be very  rare
to be turned away.  Baptism and Confirmation certificates are not
required.

The hold outs may be at least some LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri
Synod), and pretty much all the deeply conservative Lutherans such
as WELS, ELS, CLC, and CLB.  I think you have to be registered
and known to the clergy to receive communion in those denominations.

Even the ELCA predecessors were strict on entrance to communion
back in the day.  My Aunt Helen, who lived in Chicago, was  turned
away from an Augustana Lutheran altar back in the fifties, despite  the
fact that she was a cradle Lutheran.  She hadn't registered  properly.
She walked out and never again darkened a Lutheran church door.

David S.

David S.