[Magdalen] Sharing the JOY!

Robert Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Mon Jul 27 18:29:08 UTC 2015

On Monday, July 27, 2015 12:45:13 PM Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> I've mentioned before the new Hymnal '82 workshop I attended
> at Evanston, Illinois at cavernous Saint Luke's Church.  The
> workshop broke for Eucharist just before noon, and the clergy
> procession came up the central aisle preceded by a thurifer
> doing 360's.  The thurifer lost control of his thurible which  then
> struck the side of a pew, spewing hot coals and incense in every
> direction.  No one was hurt, remarkably, though there were some
> burned spots on the pews, and the young thurifer was mortified.

Oh accidents with a thurible are many. My first was Maundy Thursday, when
after communicating me the celebrant said sotto voce, the rug is on fire.

I also once hit the brass altar rail my first time out as thurifer.

But the best was when a ball shaped thurible escaped its chains and went
rolling down the middle of the monastery choir.

--
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard at stsams.org
http://www.petard.us
http://www.petard.us/blog
http://www.petard.us/gallery

America, it was a wonderful country
        until they took it private
        and turned it into a theme park of itself