[Magdalen] BSA

H Angus hangus at ctcn.net
Tue Jul 28 20:20:35 UTC 2015

Whenever women get into a previously all-male field, the prestige and pay of that field drops, and men start looking for the higher P&P jobs. Consider teaching, 100 years ago. All male. Now almost all teachers are women, but the *administrator* and *superintendent* jobs -- almost all male.

High-pay jobs in the computer industry are pretty well dominated by males, and dominated is the word: some high-prestige males ferociously resist any female incursion into the high-prestige code realms. Surely none of this is news to anyone.