[Magdalen] What We Believe - St. Paul's Bellingham

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:06:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Scott, I've said it before and I'll say it again--you're too nice. You
> need to set a date on which you will no longer be responsible for the
> website, make that date public, and hold to it. Period. If nobody picks it
> up, it's Not Your Problem.

My therapist calls me "hyper-responsible," which might just be a fine
clinical term for "too nice." :) I can't stand how it feels to say no,
although it's a lot easier upfront when I can see the danger of
accepting a particular role or invitation. Ask me to be the parish
treasurer, and I'll say no with relish...a no sandwich, a frosty
whipped no with cherries on top (thanks to Fr. Scott Gunn for some of
that...he wrote similarly about a resolution he clearly planned to
vote against at General Convention).

This decimation of the web content might be a good point to drop away
and leave it for the new person to repopulate, redesign, remake.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA