[Magdalen] BSA

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 01:23:21 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/28/2015 7:44:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hangus at ctcn.net writes:

The 20th  century was all about war. In the 1950s, Eisenhower warned us
about the  military-industrial complex, where the major business of America was
becoming  war machines, but when did we ever listen? War  >>>>>

In a way, this brings up the "military-industrial complex in  the
jet aircraft industry.

I reviewed for myself the ongoing Boeing vs.
Airbus battle after I saw that clip of the Boeing 777 landing safely
in a bad storm at the Amsterdam Airport this week.

It seems that the Boeing 777 is about the biggest seller in Boeing's
portfolio, and to simplify a complex area, Boeing and Airbus run  pretty
much neck and neck in sales of commercial aircraft.

There are still the perennial complaints by Boeing that Airbus  receives
too much subsidy from the European consortium owners, and Airbus
retaliates by claiming Boeing really gets US Government subsidies in
the form of military commissions, especially since Boeing's  acquisition
of McDonnell-Douglas Corporation.

Nothing new there in that military-industrial complex.

David S.