[Magdalen] farro salad

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 17:07:32 UTC 2015

Kind of like spelt?

On July 31, 2015, at 12:58 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:

Farro is an ancient form of wheat, traced back to the Romans. It's sold
dried and is interchangeable with barley in most recipes. Very tasty, cooks
up in about 25 minutes or thereabouts.

Costco gas will generally be a penny or so cheaper than Sheetz, sometimes
more. Depends on where the Sheetz is located. There's one across the street
from our Costco, and it's generally just about one penny more than Costco,
but all the other Sheetz stores in the area are higher than that.

What we really like our Costco for is meat, which we break down into
meal-sized portions and freeze. Also various organic staples (olive oil,
coconut oil, butter), cheeses, and to a limited extent, produce. Also
hummus, which I'm too bone-lazy to make.