[Magdalen] "... you should care about Salinas" (Jewish Journal).

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 31 18:04:43 UTC 2015

>>>I see what you mean, and it doesn't even mention water-shortage.<<<

Well, Salinas isn't actually *short* on water, just way short on rainfall to sustain our signature economy, agriculture.  And said issue is primarily a Salinas Valley (ie, south of town) issue.  (In contrast, the Monterey Peninsula is what's short.)  If it would only rain, dammit, we have in place the Salinas Valley Water Project which will take care of the entire Valley on up to much of the northern part of the county.

But with good rain comes good chance of good flooding.  Oy.  Which is where my own specific job comes in, as a floodplain manager.

And again I say, Oy.