[Magdalen] Magdalen restored

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Tue Jun 2 17:52:56 UTC 2015

Yesterday I installed onto the Magdalen server a software package called
"Ruby on Rails".
That installation did a breathtaking amount of damage to the rest of the
system. I now have enough of it restored that Magdalen is working again.
I cannot fathom why the installation of what I thought was a simple
software package would delete the mail software, reconfigure other
software, etc.

Anyhow, please resume, and don't bother forwarding to me the error
messages that you got when you tried to send to Magdalen while it was
broken.