[Magdalen] Trinity Anyone?

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:27:37 UTC 2015

I did not find any reference to such.  However, there are some settings of
chants that make it possible to recite it on musical tones. The one setting
I found was published in the mid-nineteenth century.

One can see the move toward shorter sound bytes as the bcps are more
modern.

There's nothing hard about the Athanasian creed at all except "Oh, that's
just too long!"  Every time the bcp gets a remake, the athanasian is
rendered in smaller print.  Pretty soon it will fit on a postage stamp. And
that's kind of too bad, since it has a very clear purpose, not accomplished
elsewhere. And, in all fairness, it's not THAT long, although singing it
certainly does not help at all...

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford