[Magdalen] Christine Jorgensen

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:10:56 UTC 2015

Alln,
I was thinking about Jorgenson yesterday, because I remember that, though I was only nine in 1952. I was a voracious reader even then, and must have seen it in the paper or heard something on the radio. We were living in Japan at the time. I remember knowing only that a man had somehow turned into a woman, but I never asked my parents about it. I seem also to remember seeing before and after pictures...maybe in Life Magazine.
Then a bit later there was Dr. Renee Richards, but I don't remember her other name or which came first.