[Magdalen] Gap year (or more)

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:12:02 UTC 2015

Jim G > And are you familiar with the kinds of things a modern electrician
has to deal
> with? All manner of IC Circuits for example. The job has changed during
> the past 20 years or so, at least in the United States.
> > Plumbers? In much of the U.S. one might need an advance degree just to
> > decipher
> modern plumbing codes <g>  It's not just fixing a leak in a pipe anymore..

I know plumbing still operates under the apprentice --> journeyman--> master
plumber hierarchy... don't electricians fall under this same merit and time
based scale of proficiency?  If so, I would imagine that process is keeping
current with the changes in both professions that encompass what you've
mentioned Jim.  I do know that aside from specific time needed for each step
of the process, there are also licensing exams for journeyman and master
designations. Many states have codes that require wiring/plumbing be done or
supervised by people licensed for the Master designation.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck