[Magdalen] good news, bad news

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sun Jun 7 15:37:03 UTC 2015

The electrical stuff could have gotten the previous owner into serious, serious trouble, especially working without a permit.  We're talking Big Fines.  But he agreed immediately and penitently  to pay for the rewiring, so my electrician was merciful.  He genuinely thought that his work was okay.

 Nobody knew about the extent of the carpenter ants until we opened up a wall to install a garden door.  The odd plumbing isn't technically a problem, just an inconvenience.  It's mostly that the renos are stumbling instead of running smoothly.

Also, I have a tendency to attract intelligent oddball tradespeople with life issues and then find myself being caring and pastoral.  This does not make for efficiency.

Oh well, this too shall pass.

The leaving-church business is taking quite an emotional toll.  But it's still the right choice.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain