[Magdalen] Sons (and Daughters) of Norway.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jun 8 14:11:38 UTC 2015

The current issue of the monthly "Viking" put out by the Sons of  Norway
organization, has an interesting map of the most popular names for  newborns
in Norway.

The winners are broken down by provinces.

The results are surprising, if not a little shocking.  Overall, Lucas  for
boys
and Nora for girls win top honors, and no surprise there.

In the Greater Oslo area, however, it's Nora for girls......but  Mohammad
for boys.

Who'd a thunk it of Norway?

It just goes to show the extent of recent immigration where you'd  least
expect it.

Reminds me that the last resident physician I had in the Dermatology
Service
was named Mohammed Islam.

I suppose a Christian equivalent would be something like Jesus
Christendom.

David Strang - who carries two Jewish names (David and Jesse).