[Magdalen] Prayer request - Christ Church, Montpelier

Charles Wohlers chadwohl at satucket.com
Mon Jun 8 17:46:07 UTC 2015

Received this email this AM:

This morning, the crane that was in place to lift the stones from the Northwest corner of the building snapped in two and collapsed onto the roof of the Sanctuary.  Thankfully, no one was injured.  The building, however, was damaged significantly with most of the damage to the inside of the Sanctuary, and the roof.

So there is no access to the Sanctuary now or for the next few months.  As soon as we know more, we will let you know.

Also:
http://www.wcax.com/story/29265561/crane-collapse-damages-mtp-church

and
http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20150608/NEWS01/706089909

We’ve been attending that church more than any other recently, and so know it quite well. The crane was there as part of a project to correct structural deficiencies in one corner of the church (on the right as you face it), which the parish has been struggling to pay for. This obviously won’t help – although likely covered by insurance, it’s just one more disruption.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com