[Magdalen] Sons (and Daughters) of Norway.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 01:55:34 UTC 2015

I had a parishioner, a woman, whose name was Oleda. From childhood everyone had called her Dick. No one remembered why.
Many, many folks there had nicknames, and it was often not until their obituaries appeared that folks learned their real names for the first time!
Trying to look up someone's number in the phone book was often an exercise in futility!