[Magdalen] Recycling

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Jun 16 16:22:04 UTC 2015

As you can see from everything so far, it varies a lot.  Ask whatever
local person is handy.  Or just give up and throw it in the trash can.
Those are available everywhere.

Personally, for my household trash and garbage, I have a compost heap, a
recycling center 16 miles away which burns extra gasoline unless I have
something else to do on the same trip, a business that buys aluminum and
other scrap metal 9 miles in the opposite direction (I could take the
aluminum to the center, of course, but I feel it necessary for the money
to compensate for the gasoline (who compensates the atmosphere for the
gasoline?) since the center doesn't pay for anything, and a weekly
pickup for "pure" trash of the types that nobody takes, that goes to a
landfill.  Black & white paper, of which there's less every year, goes
to the compost or garden mulch, while colored pages (which contain heavy
metal, which I don't want on my garden) must go to the recycling center.
  And on and on in detail.  At some point, with the tangles all of this
go into, I throw up my hands and give up, and then feel guilty for
giving up.

All of the above, of course, is of little or no use to someone traveling.

Margaret, I admire your commitment.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net