[Magdalen] Calvary, Pittsburgh

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 22:37:51 UTC 2015

I'm reminded of our interim rector a few years ago. He told of an encounter
he had at the early service.

He had seen a person arriving at exactly the start of the service every
week, and that person would leave instantly at the end of the service.  Fr.
noticed this person each Sunday, and finally was successful in catching up
to the man just as he was leaving.
He said that he wanted to take a moment to greet the person.
"I didn't come here to talk to you; I came here to talk to God." With that
the man turned and left.
Fr. chuckled as he told the story. Chuckled sadly.

There are those who creep in, participate in the service, and leave, not
wanting to impose on anyone else, not interacting with anyone else.  They
just are able to be there, and that's about it.  Been there. Done that.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford