[Magdalen] Moving

H Angus hangus at ctcn.net
Wed Jun 17 14:47:22 UTC 2015

I have read of -- but never tried --  an old custom of buttering your cat. Literally. When you get the cat to a new home, you put butter all over it. The cat is of course quite disgusted by the mess in its fur, and sets out to clean itself. By the time the cat has licked all the butter off, its initial impulse to start back for its old home has waned, and it will stay around the new place.

Heather