[Magdalen] Anglican Evangelicals.

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 19 14:26:43 UTC 2015

David,
Most bishops in the C/E serve most congregations in their respective dioceses. The exceptions are where a parish has chosen to receive episcopal ministry only from bishops who do not accept the priestly ordination of women, although even in those cases the diocesan bishop retains ordinary authority.  This means that Evangelical bishops will minister across parishes with a variety of traditions.  I believe nearly all will wear cope and mitre on most occasions.  When presiding at the Eucharist they may well adopt the customary robes for that particular church - be it alb and stole or a chasuble.
With the appointment of a new Bishop of Maidstone to minister to parishes which maintain the Scriptural position on headship it will be interesting to see what he wears. I have yet to see a date for his consecration which I assume may well be after Rachel Tweek is consecrated Bishop of Gloucester on 22 July.  If it is then what arrangements with Archbishop Justin make for the consecration, and for any future traditionalist Catholic bishops in the Southern Province?  Normally the appropriate Archbishop presides at consecrations in their own Province but after he had presided at the consecration of Libby Lane as Bishop of Stockport Archbishop Sentamu arranged for three other bishops to consecrate Philip North, a traditionalist and former Administrator of the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham.