[Magdalen] Tree coffee table book!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jun 20 15:43:55 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/20/2015 11:31:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

David S  - reading a review of a book this morning- The Glory of the
Tree:An  Illustrated History-

Sounds fascinating and I immediately thought of  you.
Lynn >>>>>>

Thank you, and pray for our poor oaks being ravaged again
(after an hiatus of 25 years) by the Gypsy Moth.  There is  usually
about a ten per cent mortality from these infestations.  I hope  my
two prize double Northern Red Oaks (Q. rubra)  make it through
all right.

There were plans for extensive spraying county-wide this year,
because they knew in advance this was coming, but the plans were
lost in bureaucratic red tape.

I checked with the development authorities here to ascertain whether
we might do some private spraying.  They informed me that their  legal
consultants had advised them that we would need to have the signature
of all 1,000 property owners agreeing to this.  Of course, this  would
never happen.  So there you have it.

David Strang.