[Magdalen] Scranton

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Jun 21 17:04:55 UTC 2015

From: Lynn Ronkainen

>they have an AMAZING glass museum at  Corning (a huge and world famous glass
>manufacturing campus) that contains glass dating back to prehistory and as up
>to date as glass that is in space

Yes indeed! We visited a local attraction -- Pearce glass blowing in Queechee
Vermont this week - a small mom and pop operation compared to Corning -- and
it's interesting to see 20-somethings making things from Molten glass, with with
tools and glass blowing -- but wearing shorts and sandals and sneakers and
T-Shirts, vs the safety coveralls and eye-goggles of Corning.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie
//killing time at the hotel in Rutland until the van takes us over to Amtrak for
the ride home//