[Magdalen] Enjoying a colleague's accent

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:47:55 UTC 2015

This reminds me of a short story I heard read on NPR a few years ago.

It's called "The Appropriation of Culture" by Percival Everett, and it is
[truly!] A Pearl Of Great Price.

I found it is in a collection "Damned if I do" [I think, check it at
abebooks.com]

However, I just found a clip of it.  It's a great job.  Listen to this
masterpiece.  Maybe it will make you laugh. I hope so.  Maybe it will make
you cry a little. I hope so.  Maybe it will change your life.  We live in
hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdSy7LOwzHQ

God doesn't make tragedies happen, but She can inspire us to make good come
out of the most horrible events.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford