[Magdalen] Fwd: Re: [HoB/D] Charleston

Robert Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Sun Jun 21 22:26:33 UTC 2015

Subject: Re: [HoB/D]  Charleston
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 06:24:04 PM
From: Robert Rea <gapetard at stsams.org>
To: anthony clavier <anthonyfmclavier at gmail.com>

Oh Tony, you're not an American. It's part of who we are. It's endemic to our
culture. Racism in this specific form is a deeply rooted part of who we are.
We are blind to white privilege. The preacher today, speaking of Jesus asleep
on the cushion and waking up to make the sea peaceful, said we need to wake
up, see the turmoil, and do things to bring peace. My thought was that they
are awake but don't care. It's black folks problem, nothing to do with us.

Feel free to share.

kibitzer and an open out of the closet white person

--
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard at stsams.org
http://www.petard.us
http://www.petard.us/blog
http://www.petard.us/gallery

America, it was a wonderful country
        until they took it private
        and turned it into a theme park of itself

Bob Rea