[Magdalen] Please Pray - Shooting in Charleston, SC church

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jun 22 02:23:57 UTC 2015

From: Grace Cangialosi

>Well, it's my contention that if people walk out on a sermon, the preacher is
>probably doing something right.
>Like...preaching the Gospel.

Would you say my preacher was doing something right when he was denouncing all
teachers in public schools as anarchists and subversives when my great
grandfather walked out (with his family, including a public school teacher). Or
maybe when my paternal grandfather walked out on the RC Archbishop of NY when he
came to ask for the third $10 brick to build the third new parish that the
family would be obligated to move to (after doing the same twice before?).

I'm not sure the glib "one size fits all" answer is the right one, Grace.

Cheers,
Jim