[Magdalen] Haley of South Carolina Calls for Removal of Confederate Battle Flag - The New York Times

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:03:08 UTC 2015

I think this woman imagines a real future in politics, and so
walks a fine line carefully drawn by handlers.

We in New England have had the Scott Brown experience,
fascinating to watch. I always believed he was being groomed as
a presidential candidate. And I believe the same thing of Nikki
Haley.

According to my hometown newspaper, Scott Brown is now
working in a bicycle shop. Which seems like just the right place
for him.

But I'll be happy when that flag is removed.
-M

And speaking of flags, a couple of drunk young men were arrested
a few years ago because they were sailing around the harbor flying
the Jolly Roger. They claimed they didn't know it was illegal to do
so. Of course, it's also illegal to boat drunk, which was what created
their real legal problems.