[Magdalen] Fwd: Re: [HoB/D] Charleston

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:46:18 UTC 2015

LOL My cousin Stephen was raised mostly in Europe and spoke several
languages, which certainly helped him in his later life. At one point when
his kids were young he was posted to Brussels, where his son, John
Christopher, then about 4 or 5, was a bit slow in learning the local
languages. Johnny finally made friends with a neighbor boy, and one day
after they had been out playing in the back garden for a couple of hours,
his mother asked him when he came in, "What language do you two speak,
French or Flemish, or maybe English?" Johnny answered back airily, "Oh,
none of those. We speak dog."