[Magdalen] Women's World Cup

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:26:33 UTC 2015

I've been watching as much of this as possible, though I tend to miss
afternoon games. I'm pretty disgusted with the American coach and with the
overall flat performance of the American team, and also sad that most of my
other favorite teams are already out--Cameroon, New Zealand, Sweden, and
last night Norway. And resigned to the fact that the final will probably be
between Japan and Germany, which means I will have to root for Germany
because no way am I cheering for Japan. And China (ugh) is still in it too.
But I was totally charmed the other night by the name of a Mexican
referee--Quetzalli. How cool a name is that?