[Magdalen] celebrating at MGH

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 25 16:37:12 UTC 2015

On 25/06/2015 17:00, ME Michaud wrote:
> I happened to be waiting for the (traffic) light at the corner of Cambridge
> and North Grove (and listening to NPR) this morning when the Supreme Court
> decision was announced. I saw nurses high-fiving and dancing on the
> sidewalk.
>
> Medicare for everybody!

As Jay said, not till you get an executive and legislature that wants
it.  The insurance industry and healthcare providers (and those they
support) won't becaise it would hamper their bargaining position, and
hence their profits.

I think this is the only sensible decision to have reached because
otherwise it would have been a very narrow interpretation of "state".  I
know we don't have states as you have them in the USA but I think of
"the state" as the whole sytem of civil government at its various
levels.  Do people regard federal law as different in application and
effect, apart from the enforcement and court structure?

Roger, who has started on a load of engagement with our state-organized
National Health Service.  Today it was ordering noew eye-glasses, which
I suspected I would need.  Tomorrow it's the doctor to talk about high
blood-pressure and cholesterol, so probably a different drug regime for
that.  Next on the list is the dentist for a delayed check-ip and
probably more work needing done there.