[Magdalen] celebrating at MGH

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 25 23:32:09 UTC 2015

On 26/06/2015 00:11, Jay Weigel wrote:
> My understanding is that the German healthcare insurance system is done by
> private insurance but is managed and regulated by the government. Does
> anyone know exactly how it works? People I know who have lived in Germany
> are quite enthusiastic about it.

I have no direct experience of the German healthcare system but some
years ago I was past of a diocesan visit to Strasbourg.  That is in
Alasace-Lorraine which has, over the years, switched between part of
Germany and part of France.  Following World War II it was established
as part of France but allowed to retain the Bismark-inspired German
healthcare system.  We were told that the residents were happier with
that than they would have been with the French system.

Roger