[Magdalen] A California court has been asked to block the sale of St James Newport Beach

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Fri Jun 26 11:24:09 UTC 2015

Folk

I came across this article "A  California court has been asked to block the
sale of St James Newport Beach by  the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles to
real estate developers."
http://anglicanink.com/article/lawsuit-filed-block-sale-st-james-newport-beach?utm_source=emailcampaign188&utm_medium=phpList&u
tm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=TEC+General+Convention+Day+One#sthash.Gi0V
CYmW.dpuf

I read this - albeit the report only  focusses on one side of the argument,
and I found it incredible that even  though the Church has remained within
TEC and was growing that the Bishop  would sell it simply to get more money
in

I am sure that there has to be more to  this but on the face of it this is
pure simony and has nothing to do with the  Gospel. Has the Diocese gone so
into debt that it has to sell off prime property  even though the Church is
growing

Wow. A real slap in the face for  loyalty

Blessings
Martin