[Magdalen] A California court has been asked to block the sale of St James Newport Beach

Suzie Buchanan buchanan.suzie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:56:48 UTC 2015

The judge has ruled in favor of the diocese - so the sale moves forward.
There was a battle over this property when those upset at the direction of
the Episcopal Church tried to leave and take the property with it.  The
property was returned to the diocese by the courts a couple of years ago.
A new Episcopal congregation was planted there, with the diocese's support
and approval, and has been growing.  Their vicar chose to go without pay
for two years so that they wouldn't be a drain on diocesan funds while they
tried to establish this church again.  They grew in such ways that they
were able to hire staff and begin paying the vicar before that two year
period ended.  It is this new congregation that is having its building sold
out from under them by the bishop.

http://www.episcopalcafe.com/st-james-the-great-in-l-a-the-site-of-a-new-property-battle/