[Magdalen] Bp. Wright OKs same sex weddings

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Sat Jun 27 15:31:53 UTC 2015

Mike

Really - I would take a different position - Gen 2:24  “A man  leaves his
father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one  flesh” And
Jesus himself approves of this definition

Actually  if you read the OT polygamy happens but no where is it spoken of
approvingly.  Take the Leah Rachel hate relationship, or Sarah Hagar to name
a couple.

It happened but wasn't condones.

The NT certainly is one man-one wife (take the requirement for  the  office
of a Bishop in Timothy)- and Jesus himself quotes Gen 2:24 with approval

Polygamy happened the patriarchs and kings - and look at Solomon's
condemnation for his 300 wives and 700 concubines (he must have had a terrific
memory just to recall their names!)

But it was never approved of in the OT.

Blessings
Martin