[Magdalen] A California court has been asked to block the sale of St Jame...

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Sat Jun 27 21:12:51 UTC 2015

Jim

You know that TEC's policy under the present PB is not to sell back to a
departing congregation (but rather in one case they sold the building below
it's market value to the Muslims as a place of worship rather let the
departing  congregation have it) then the option of entering a competing bid is a
non  starter. Indeed not many people could compete with a foirm of buolding
contractors out to sell 20 plus house on th plot!

Blessings
Martin

From:  Scott Knitter

>Agreed. Great question, and one for which I'm eager  to hear Bp. Bruno's
answer.

For one thing, how about defining "on the  way to recovery."  This is a
parish
where there has been continuing  hostility to the diocese, and since the
diocese
proved ownership, many  members have cut or ceased their pledge (one needs
to go
back in time a  bit before the current brouhaha to get the honest picture).

>From what I  see it is not a self sustaining parish, and considering that
many of
their  members consider TEC and their Bishop as heretics, one wonders what
the
incentive might be?   Why can't the congregation enter a  competing bid for
the
property and be rid of both TEC and their Bishop? If  they were truly
"recovering" financially, they certainly have the credit  available to do
so.

Nah, Self-imposed Martyrdom is much more fun in  some  circles.

Cheers,
Jim