[Magdalen] Feeling very grown-up

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 02:18:05 UTC 2015

It is essentially a new house on an old footprint.  The blurb says: "A
secluded location for this totally rebuilt home.  Tucked down a laneway
in an area of lovely homes, but walking distance to downtown.
Tastefully finished with Cape Cod wood exterior, engineered hardwood and
ceramic flooring, oak staircase and 2nd floor walk-out to the deck this
pretty home has lots of natural light and a lovely master bedroom across
the front of the house."

As if in an amphitheatre, it sits in a very sunny dell.  Bring it on!
Lots of trees and shrubs around, but not too close and claustrophobic.
They are a good buffer up the steep slope behind me to Baldwin St above,
a quiet little dead-end.  To the  south, it is more open with other long
properties coming down to me.  Those houses are on Walton St (the main
st) and flank the entrance of my No Exit little lane that runs down the
hill to me, but they, too, are buffered by trees and shrubs.  My
impression is of silence except birds, despite all that is out there.
The house runs into the slope behind.  Winter might be interesting
getting up the lane, but I remarked that that's why we have Subarus. :-)

Two nice bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a spacious kitchen/family room. Lots of
closet space.  Space for me to put a garden shed for the outside
equipment and good space in the utility room beyond the kitchen and
laundry.  Hard to picture where stuff will go.  I really want to start
fresh and somehow shed the heavy mahogany that will overwhelm this
space, and a lot more besides!

Marion, a pilgrim   ... today my sail I lift ....