[Magdalen] How about this?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 28 20:10:27 UTC 2015

Ginga,

This brought tears to my eyes even thought I am not sure what sort of
tears they are.  There is a mix of emotions - thankfulness for the
generosity of the gift and sorrow for the loss the schism has caused.

Last week you worshipped with your landlords in the Methodist Church in
the wake of the Charleston shootings, which I referred to in my sermon
this morning drawing attention to the bereaved people's comments at the
arraignment of Mr Roof.  The theme of that was that none of us know the
whole truth, into which we need to be led by the Spirit.  I join with
your bishop's prayer that divisions will be healed as we respomd to
Christ's claim that as he is lifted up he will draw all to himself - and
hence closer to each other with the implicit subtext.  This latest gift
I regard as a foretaste of the realisation of that promise.

Roger