[Magdalen] Supreme Court

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Mon Jun 29 13:45:14 UTC 2015

You've forgotten one thing - the clergy needs to register the wedding with
the State. Somehow they have to know that the wedding occurred. Also, the
clergy needs to be authorized in some fashion by the state. For example, my
wife can (and has) perform marriages here in Vermont, since she is
canonically resident here. However, she can't in New York without permission
both from the appropriate bishop and the State of New York.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com