[Magdalen] Supreme Court

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Mon Jun 29 16:35:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:

> My brother and his wife married each other with two witnesses.
> No officiant. Their marriage is legal in Colorado (and everywhere
> else, I presume).

Right.

My daughter and son-in-law got married in Colorado last year.  They got
married by getting the proper forms forms, completing said forms, and
returning them along with the necessary fees.  They did not even need a
third party witness to their signatures.

Of course, if a guest at the event in which they publicly expressed vows to
each failed to pay close attention, he or she might well have thought
that I married
them.  The truth is that, for all practical purposes, I was merely the
Master of Ceremonies (and an MC who both felt immensely privileged and had
a lot fun)

The thing to remember is that it is the couple that marries.  The church
may bless or not, and the State may recognize or not, but a marriage is a
marriage.

Mike M.