[Magdalen] Conscience's clause

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 17:51:35 UTC 2015

Michael

I heard when I was in Long Island that the Bishop there now requires his
clergy to perform gay marriages

Does that mean you don't have a conscience clause then in the USA

Blessings
Martin

In a message dated 29/06/2015 15:32:27 GMT Summer Time,

From: ME  Michaud

>My understanding is that when clergy marry a couple they  are
>doing so with a license from the State. That is, all marriages  are
>civil marriages (though some are blessed by the clergy).

And  as long as that is the case, no one can serious make the case that
there's
real separation of church and state in the U.S. (especially true of right
wingers who claim that government is hostile to religion --put them in the
nincompoop department).

Cheers,
Jim  Guthrie