[Magdalen] Suzie and Center Aisle

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Jun 29 18:30:02 UTC 2015

On 6/29/15 9:27 AM, Jay Weigel wrote:
> In the Lutheran church I attend, the baptismal font is up front on the way
> to the communion rail and always contains water. Many people (not all, but
> certainly all the misplaced Episcopalians!) dip their fingers in the font
> and make the sign of the cross on their way to communion.

Uh... This misplaced Episcopalian wouldn't: I never got into Holy Water,
and neither did any of the people at St Philip's that I ever noticed,
though I suppose it was always there for a reason, probably to do with
the beliefs of the priests and Altar Guild as to what was proper.  I
also noticed that my daughter's RC best friend, when visiting the parish
and looking at our beautiful "stuff", did dip her fingers, cross
herself, and genuflect (though there wasn't Communion happening at that
time: it was just an empty nave and sanctuary, (empty except for the
Altar, Reserve Sacrament and the Presence Light (and, of course, art and
symbols); which I believe she understood, but I didn't say anything).

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net