[Magdalen] Bp. Wright OKs same sex weddings

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Jun 29 18:34:23 UTC 2015

On 6/29/15 10:04 AM, James Handsfield wrote:
> Martin, let’s end this.  If you feel it is contrary to "moral law” as you say it to officiate at weddings of same sex couples, then don’t do it.  No one is forcing anyone else to act against his or her conscience.  But do not try to foist your beliefs on the rest of us.  Let’s just agree to disagree.

I expect British law on marriages and how they get done, the perspective
from which Martin is operating, is a bit different from US law on the
same.  Likewise British Bishops.  I think I've heard that the parish
_must_ perform marriages for anyone who asks, in England, and that for
some reason unknown to me, marriages can't be done outdoors.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net