[Magdalen] Bp. Wright OKs same sex weddings

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 05:08:46 UTC 2015

The notion that the Bible does not condone marriage other than one man one
woman is not supportable. One can't make an argument from silence and there
are numerous situations in which polygamy is just reported
matter-of-factly. Similarly sexual activity is reported without the hint of
any sort of judgment. In the course of reading the Hebrew Bible, it became
pretty clear to me, based on the text, that for Israelites, sex for
recreation was both utterly unremarkable, and "better than sliced bread"
(which had not been invented yet, but anyhoo...)

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford