[Magdalen] Supreme Court

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 05:16:57 UTC 2015

And the handwriting is on the wall. In a few years, this will be of no
great import, the renegade churches will return or be shuttered, and people
will scratch their heads wondering why on earth we were so stupid.  We
don't talk much about divorce and the church's hand in it in the past
because we all know what terrible PR that would be for someone thinking of
considering returning to the Church.  We winked at slavery and now have to
reckon with that, and the little prayer interruption incident that
indirectly created the AME Church. Maybe those white guys behaving like
jerks were inspired by the Spirit, since it drove Richard Allen to do some
truly amazing things.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford