[Magdalen] Whoops. We've got the Southern slavers' battle flag in the Nat...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 16:09:29 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/30/2015 10:08:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

aimed at  the statue of >>>>>

As a wise bishop once told me, "You can get away with anything in
stained glass, but watch out for three dimensional images."

The Washington National Cathedral has its Robert E. Lee and Stonewall
Jackson stained glass window, and nobody is fussing over that.

I'm always saddened, but at the same time amused, at the monuments
seen in literally every urban area featuring groups of soldiers and
the ubiquitous "Gott mit Uns" in Germany, and "Dieu avec Nous" in
France.  It's obvious each side thought their cause was  God-driven.
It is going to be up to God, I guess, to sort out which side he was
really on.

I really don't care about removing the Southern USA Civil War
monuments so long as they do not become a rallying focus for yet
more racial bias.

David Strang.