[Magdalen] Conscience's clause

Zephonites at aol.com Zephonites at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 16:45:07 UTC 2015

Chad

Thanks to all of you for comments from your various churches. I have learnt
 something new.

Blessings
Martin

charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

As noted  by others, Canon law in the US forbids a bishop from requiring a
clergyperson from performing any wedding, gay or otherwise. The bishop
cannot dismiss a rector for saying no. And the rector can say no for any
reason whatsoever. Also as noted by others, England is unique in requiring
clergy to perform weddings for qualified couples. This does not occur
elsewhere in the Anglican Communion, AFAIK.

Chad  Wohlers
Woodbury, VT  USA
chadwohl at satucket.com