[Magdalen] Bp. Wright OKs same sex weddings

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jun 30 18:53:28 UTC 2015

In a message dated 6/30/2015 1:06:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

I still  don't know why the Catholic Church doesn't permit outdoor
weddings, but I'm  sure someone on here can enlighten me...   >>>>>

The (parish) church is considered the normative place for all  important
events in the life of members.  It is as simple as that.  I  suppose there
might
be a similarity in the Eucharistic Sacrament:  A Mass may be  celebrated
in a home, or, when necessary, a battlefield, but the normative location
still remains the (parish) church.

I think I've mentioned before here that wedding I attended where both
members of the couple were aficionados of architect Frank Lloyd  Wright,
and wished their Roman Catholic wedding to be at the original  Taliesin
at Spring Green, Wisconsin.

Their very good friend, a parish priest, defied regulations by
accommodating
them, but eventually there was hell to pay from the Bishop of  Madison.

David Strang.